The Ritz Carlton Residences - North Hills are situated in the Great Neck Union Free School District, an academically top-rated public school district that encompasses Great Neck, North New Hyde Park and a portion of Manhasset Hills. With 4 elementary schools, 2 middle schools and 3 high schools, the district has a total enrollment of 6,574 students, from PK to 12.
Great Neck UFSD has received the following accolades:
- Recognized by US News and World Report with a gold medal for high levels of student proficiency in English Language Arts and Mathematics, low teacher to student ratio and graduation rates in the 95th percentile.
- Ranked as the 2nd out of 675 New York public school districts and 7th out of 10,758 across the US by Niche.com. Here is how the district stacks up, based on ten core categories:
Residents of The Ritz-Carlton Residences, North Hills have access to these schools within the district:
- Lakeville Elementary
- Great Neck South Middle School
- Great Neck South High School
In 2018, all 4 of the Great Neck elementary schools made the list of New York’s top 100 elementary schools, from Niche.com, with Lakeville Elementary ranked highest, at #4. You can read a detailed review of Lakeville Elementary, from Public School Review here.
When it comes to secondary education, Great Neck UFSD has been recognized as top school district by several national publications. The district earned a Gold Medal distinction from US News and World Report; for both Great Neck North and Great Neck South High School. Each of these schools were ranked in the top 100 in New York and the top 1000 in the United States. Educational opportunities in these schools include offerings in Advanced Placement and honors courses in a wide array of subject areas from art history to physics, extensive language programs including Mandarin and American Sign Language and multiple music and art classes. Extracurricular opportunities include 20+ interscholastic sports teams and 60+ clubs and activities.
Transportation to the public schools is provided by the district. Children are picked up and dropped off at the port cochere of your residence which is staffed full time.
Niche rated Great Neck South High School as the #1 public high school in Nassau County.
The area is also served by well regarded independent schools and preschools including:
- Friends Academy (Locust Valley)
- Portledge School (Locust Valley)
- North Shore Hebrew Academy (Great Neck)
- Waldorf School (Garden City)
- St. Mary's (Manhasset)
- Buckley Country Day School (Roslyn)
- The Green Vale School (Old Brookville)
Make an appointment to visit the sales center to learn more about living in the Great Neck School District.